I started to play chess when I was 4 years old and was very active in the Atlanta chess scene between 2001 and 2007.
My tournaments highlights include:
- First in the 2001 K-6 Grade Level Tournament
- Tied for first in the 2002 K-6 Section of National Elementary School Tournament
- Tied for first in the 2002 K-7 Grade Level Tournament
- First in the 2005 SuperNationals K-12 section on tie-break
- First in the 2006 GA State Championship
- Tied for first in 2006 GA Class Premier Section
I got my FIDE rating to 2300 in April 2007, and finally applied for the FIDE Master (FM) title in 2015.
I started teaching chess in 2015. My students individually have raised their USCF ratings by 500-1000 points or more in the past year. Many of them started working with me while learning the rules of the game.
Currently, I write for chess^summit